The Siegi Tours Kings Ski Tour (Koenigstour) at the ski area of the Hochkoenig in Salzburg
The Kings ski tour (Koeningstour) with 6 summits, 7,500 vertical meters, and a breathtaking panorama
Skiing at the Hochkoenig slopes
In front of the majestic scenery of the Hochkoenig mountain, fairytale slopes and rustic ski huts invite you to the ski area between the three towns of Maria Alm, Dienten, and Muehlbach am Hochkoenig. A total of 120 km of slopes guarantees unlimited skiing enjoyment at the Koenigstour.
VAST, WIDE SKI SLOPES at the Kings Ski Tour
The slopes in the Hochkoenig ski region are diverse and rich in variety. Skiers of every ability level will find their favorite slope. Whether you are trying out the slope for the first time or are having a blast on the Marlies Schild race training route, skiing fun is guaranteed. Several valley runs in all three towns provide individual access opportunities.
The Kings Ski Tour (Koenigstour) in the Hochkönig ski area is worthy know of its excellent reputation and ranks up there with the “Sella Ronda” and “Weiße Ring”. What this region has to offer skiers is simply breathtaking: 6 summits, 35 km of continuous slopes, and 7,500 vertical meters. The ski tour is one of the most impressive in the Alps and features gorgeous alpine panoramas with views of the Hochkoenig and the Steinernes Meer.
Facts info for the Kings Ski Tour (Koenigstour):
- 6 summits
- 35 km of slopes
- 7,500 vertical meters
- Seamless connections
- Splendid panorama
With the construction of two new cable cars, a water reservoir including a new snowmaking system and a ski bridge over the main road, Maria Alm has connected what belonged together for a long time – the local mountain Natrun with the main ski resort Hochkönig. The existing five peaks of the Königstour were thus extended to the Natrun.
On six peaks and an incredible 35 km of pistes with 7,500 vertical meters new feelings of elation are waiting for you in the midst of romantic mountain huts and breathtaking panoramas.
The Kings Ski Tour –
Experience the entire Hochkoenig ski area in only 1 day!
You can start the Kings Ski Tour (Koenigstour) anywhere; it does not matter if your starting point is Maria Alm, Muehlbach, or Dienten. The excellently signposted slopes will lead you to the highlights of the Kings Ski Tour (Koenigstour).
The entire tour is marked with yellow or orange arrows. Get your first impression with our overview map. The slope map for the Kings Ski Tour (Koenigstour) is available for free at all ticket offices.
Photopoints at the Kings Ski Tour are at Aberg and Maria Alm
Let yourself be photographed on one of our thrones with the breathtaking panorama, even without your own camera. You will find our photopoints at Aberg Langeck, the highest point along the Kings Ski Tour (Koenigstour), Gabuehel and the mountain station of Kings Cab.
The selftimer is simply triggered with the skipass. All photos can be downloaded or shared at skiline.
Front row seats along the Kings Ski Tour (Koenigstour)
5 sensory experience points along the Kings Ski Tour (Koenigstour) in the Hochkoenig Ski Area
Everyone has their favorite spot: a comfy bench at a rustic hut or a gorgeous viewing point among rugged rocks. When you open your heart and enjoy life to the fullest, then you have truly found your favorite place. Simply add a magnificent view to this equation, and then you have a front row seat to the beauty of life. In the Hochkoenig region, there are many such places. Here, you can experience a peak of emotions! We are not quite sure where your favorite spot will be, but we can make a few suggestions. In the Hochkoenig ski area along the Kings Ski Tour (Koenigstour) from Maria Alm and Dienten to Muehlbach, you will find your own front row seat, which is just waiting to be discovered by you during your winter vacation. The gianten wooden thrones which marks these spots are also perfect for vacation photos.
For customized packages, shorter, longer stays, more info, bookings please contact the Siegi Tours Office
Come and see the Siegi Tours Team.
We speak your language!
Book now your Siegi Tours Ski Holiday in Austria at:
ski.golf(@)siegitours.com or Tel: ++43 6415 / 7482-0
We’re happy to help you plan your perfect Austrian Dream Holiday! See you at Siegi’s!
More info at: www.siegitours.com
Book online at: Siegi Tours Ski Holidays
Siegi Tours Rental: https://siegitours.com/siegi-tours-ski-und-snowboard-rental/
Ski Area: https://siegitours.com/ski-area/
Overview Ski Resort Hochkoenig:
- Total: 120 km
- Easy: 52 km (43 %)
- Intermediate: 41 km (34 %)
- Difficult: 27 km (23 %)
Ski routes with a lengh of 8 km
- Artificial snow-making
- 600 Snow cannons
- 95 % of the slopes have snow making capabilities
- Valley run available
- Valley runs lead to all villages
Runs are located:
- just above tree line
- under tree line
Sunnhütte-Muehlbach numbers 4 and 1a · Length 9 km · Elevation difference 830 m
From the Sunnhuette, you can ski directly to Muehlbach on easy slopes.
Most difficult run:
Hochmais number 31 · Length 1 km · Elevation difference 300 m
- Valley run number 1 to Muehlbach
- The number 1 valley run is black, but leads through scenic woodland down to Muehlbach – pure enjoyment for experienced skiers.
- Bürglalm number 14
- Wide, intermediate and consistent – great for repeat runs.
- Aberg-Langeck-Maria Alm number 10
- The easy slope number 10 goes from the top of the Aberg down to the valley in Maria Alm – a long slope to be enjoyed.
- Snow park and Fun park
- No halfpipe
- Ski day reproduced in internet (Lifts used, elevation meters and slope kilometers skied) – free of charge
Improvments in the Winter season 2020:
- With the beginning of the winter season 2019 and 2020, winter sports enthusiasts will get even quicker into the feeling of the Koenigstour with a modern ten seater gondola Gabuehel. Than the last old fashioned lift in the ski resort finally goes into retirement.
- Skiers can experience even faster, even quieter and above all, even more comfortable the Salzburg mountain world. The new Valley Station in Dienten is only a few hundred meters away and will be built directly next to the ski center Dienten. Also new is at top station to the Steinbockalm and the freeing run to the new reservoir pond where the old top station was situated.
- The Hochkoenig Bergbahnen have decided on a phased construction due to the size of the project. This guarantees a perfect progress of the construction work and the opening in the winter season 2019 and 2020.